Swallowtail (by The Tiny House Company)
Photo courtesy of The Tiny House Company
Swallowtail Tiny House Highlights:
- Length: 7.2 m
- Width: 2.4 m
- Insulated roof panels: 75mm thick zinc finish
- Cladding: Corrugated metal – zincalume finish. Black stained 12mm ply Texture 2000
- Walls and Lining: R1.5 insulation
Approx cost to recreate: $79,000
About Swallowtail Tiny House
- The ‘Swallowtail’ model is a complete tiny house on wheels that offers affordability and flexibility, with a wide range of optional extras designed to seamlessly upgrade the home as your budget allows
- This model has been designed to grow and expand with you as your needs change and your budget grows. The structure, spatial arrangement, and functionality can accommodate a range of optional extras and different furniture arrangements.
- This model features a butterfly roof (hence the name ‘Swallowtail’) with an integrated box gutter and downpipe for easy connection and water collection, all hidden from view beside the feature paulownia timber screen. Textured ply cladding and corrugated sheeting make up most of the exterior, providing a modern form with a typically Australian palette of materials.
- Rest easy almost anywhere in Australia knowing that our tiny houses have been engineered to suit up to Australian Standard wind classification C2 (cyclonic!).
- A deep framed window is featured at the high end for long views out. Beautiful tall louver galleries by Breezeway come as standard and all doors and windows are located to maintain long clear sight lines across and through the space for a more open feel.
- Two key factors drive the layout of this model – flexibility and affordability. A drop-down loft ladder allows for a relatively open floor plan, giving maximum options for arranging your own space as you see fit. The layout and positioning of doors and windows, while maximizing long views and air-flow, allows for future expansion of cabinetry and other built-in elements as your budget allows.
Credits: The Tiny House Company
You may also want to read: Comprehensive Guide to the Best Tiny House Books
Other Tiny Houses for Sale
Photo courtesy of Bamboo Living The Puna 352 is designed to be the smallest permit-able dwelling in Hawaii, while still incorporating a spacious U-shaped kitchen, a small bathroom, walk-in closet, and a storage loft. The high ceilings make this tiny home feel...
Photo courtesy of Tiny House Company Highlights: 'PORTAL' is our flagship design, featuring high-end detailing and fixtures, a modular demountable deck system, a custom-designed retractable bed and custom cabinetry between a grid of 'portal' frames. Continuous...
Photo courtesy of Carpenter Owl Highlights: Length: 16' Width: 8.5' Height: 13.5' Trailer length including tongue: +15" Weight: Approximately 7,500 Pounds Price: $60,000 Special features of Snails Away Tiny House The lumber for the home was milled on the family land...
Subscribe to our free mailing list
to get the latest updates in your inbox!
SEARCH FOR COOL STUFF
Tiny House Citizens is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.