Manakau (by Purepods) in New Zealand
Photo courtesy of Purepods
A PurePod stay is like no other experience. It is an intensely deep immersion into pure New Zealand and a beautifully romantic getaway.
Imagine being all alone in a stunning natural location in a luxury glass cabin, complete with a glass roof, glass floor, three walls all of the glass with big wide sliding doors and decking. After parking your car securely in the carpark, your adventure starts with a 10-15 minute walk through the wonderful natural environment (bush, tussock, hills, paddocks).
Your first glimpse of the PurePod is just magical.
All of the glass and the big wide sliding doors means you get to truly immerse yourself in the beautiful natural environment surrounding the PurePod. Even the shower and toilet have glass floors and glass walls. And, for stargazers, the glass roof and the lack of light pollution ensures on clear nights there are plenty of stars to view. We provide a telescope and a star map so even novice stargazers can have fun identifying the stars.
As each PurePod is located completely away from all other human activities, there is no need to feel concerned about your privacy, but if you are feeling a bit shy, each pod does have blinds and a shower curtain – though we do recommend leaving the blinds up so you can watch the sunrise from the comfort of the bed.
There are six unique PurePod locations to choose from:
- Manakau PurePod – 20 minutes inland from Kaikoura, 2.5 hours drive from Christchurch, with vast views of beautiful countryside and the Seaward Kaikoura mountain range.
- Kahutara PurePod – 20 minutes inland from Kaikoura, 2.5 hours drive from Christchurch, perched above the Kahutara River with stunning views of the Seaward Kaikoura mountain range.
- Korimako PurePod – 90 minutes north-east of Christchurch, in the Greta Valley, nestled amongst native bush filled with native birds and with beautiful views out across the bay to Motunau Island and glimpses of Banks Peninsula in the far distance.
- Atatū PurePod – 90 minutes north-east of Christchurch, perched high above the coastline on a historic Greta Valley sheep farm, with sweeping sea views and stunning sunrises.
- Greystone PurePod – an hours drive north of Christchurch, high above an organic winery in Waipara with sweeping views of the Waipara Valley and the majestic Southern Alps.
- Pōhue PurePod – an hours drive from Christchurch, with beautiful views of the historic Port Levy bay, surrounded by rolling hills and magnificent rocky outcrops.
Every PurePod location is distinct with dramatic landscapes, discrete views, and a compelling story. The PurePods are solar-powered, operating fully off the grid and are deliberately free of a wi-fi connection. Guests can be assured of tranquillity and a minimal carbon footprint.
The PurePods are furnished with a fully equipped bathroom, kitchen and luxurious queen-sized bed and are designed for a maximum of two people. A night’s stay in a PurePod costs NZD$590, with the option of adding on a dinner & breakfast package made up of local fresh produce for an extra NZD$149.
If you enjoyed this content, you’d definitely want to sign up for our Free Tiny House Citizens newsletter!
Other Tiny Houses for Sale
TINY HOUSES FOR SALE Magnolia With a wingspan of 10.5 x 34.5 feet, The Magnolia is considered a ‘’park model’’ size tiny house. It was built to withstand northern Ontario weather and is inspired by our Ébène and Laurier models. Price: $129,500 CAN Admin, Tiny House...
TINY HOUSES FOR SALE Sakura The Sakura is another high performance achievement of Minimaliste. It is designed (again) entirely tailor-made and according to the needs of the client, this micro-house is distinguished mainly by its storage spaces... Price: $125,000 CAN...
TINY HOUSES FOR SALE The Saule We are very pleased to present to you our newest tiny house project, the Saule. We were eager to design a smaller model and this 10×22 unit is a good example of the potential and viability of such dimensions. Price: $90,000.00 Admin,...
Subscribe to our free mailing list
to get the latest updates in your inbox!
SEARCH FOR COOL STUFF
Tiny House Citizens is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.