How Tiny Houses Help the Homeless
Many tiny house communities provide a safe and secure home for the homeless. Tiny house communities often provide the homeless with more than just a home; they help the homeless get back on their feet again by supporting them on their housing and employment applications, helping them enroll their kids in school, and signing them up for health care so they’re able to move on to their lives. Here are a few communities that are making a difference in the lives of the homeless.
1. Infinity Village in Nashville – Jeff Obafemi Carr, from Infinity Fellowship, teams up with local builders company to assemble colorful 60 square foot tiny houses for the homeless on the grounds of Nashville church community.
2. Tiny House Project in Los Angeles, CA – Established by L.A. local, Elvis Summers, My Tiny House Project L.A. is a non-profit association with more than 40 small houses on wheels around 50 square feet in size for the homeless, which were based on private property and equipped with solar power panels and portable composting toilet.
3. The Cottages in Dallas, Texas – A partnership of social administration association, including CitySource, have met up to build around 50 400-square feet houses for the homeless of Dallas. The city of Dallas gave a $2.5-million allowed budget to the project.
4. CASS Community in Detroit – This tiny house community includes various tiny homes ranging from 250 – 400 square feet in size. It was started with Ford’s support. Occupants pay a rental fee of about $300/month to join the program.
5. The Village of Hope in Fresno, California – Started by the Poverello House, this small house community comprises small prefab structures that serve as overnight houses for the homeless. They can house up to 124 individuals every night.
6. Tiny Home for Good in Syracuse, NY – A Tiny Home For Good provides homeless veterans with housing in 240 square foot small houses. Each house has a thoroughly modern design, and the rental depended on occupant’s income.
Other Tiny Houses for Sale
TINY HOUSES FOR SALE The Octagonal Living Unit A new perspective on tiny: a house that is beautiful, permanent, eco-friendly, and also small and affordable: The Octagonal Living Unit from Sculptorhouse. Admin, Tiny House Citizens 9 October 2018 Photograph by Sculptor...
TINY HOUSES FOR SALE KODA The KODA houses come in two different structures–the timber frame KODA Light and the concrete KODA 3.0. The Extended version with a spare bedroom is available in the Light structure only. The concept of KODA is they build it off-site on their...
TINY HOUSES FOR SALE Cabin on the Border Located in a village on the Turkish-Greek border, Cabin on the Border faces weather conditions that vary dramatically depending on the season. In a warm rainy afternoon, the polycarbonate window becomes a canopy to lay under...
Subscribe to our free mailing list
to get the latest updates in your inbox!
SEARCH FOR COOL STUFF
Tiny House Citizens is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.