12×16 Emperor Cottage (by Jamaica Cottage Shop) in Vermont
Photo courtesy of Jamaica Cottage Shop
- Square Footage: 192 sq/ft
- Overall Dimensions: 13’8” W x 17’2” L x 10’6” H
- Recommended Foundation: 10–12” of crushed gravel
- Floor: Two 6x6x16’ Hemlock Skids 2×6 KD Spruce Joists 24” On Center ¾” CDX Plywood Floor Decking
- Walls: 4×4 Exposed Post & Beam Wall Framing 82” Wall Height; rough sawn Hemlock Timber
- Doors: 3’-0” nine-lite Insulated Steel Door with Keyless Entry (1) Single 2’-8” four-panel interior pine pocket door (1) Single 2’-0” four-panel bathroom pine pocket door
- Windows: One 3×2 Insulated Slider Window with Screen; and One 2×2 Insulated Awning window with Screen; White Vinyl Interior/ Exterior
- Roof: 2×6 KD Spruce Rafters* 24” On Center KD Spruce Solid Pine Board Roof Sheathing 4/12 Roof Pitch 2×4 KD Spruce Collar Ties Corrugated 29g Metal Roofing, Color: Evergreen
- Siding: 1” rough sawn Pine Board & Batten 1×4” rough sawn Pine Corner, Door & Window Trim; 2×8” Fascia & 2×4” rough sawn Pine Shadow Trim
- Insulation: Walls: 1¾” Foam Foil Board R13 with vapor barrier; Roof: 5½” Fiberglass R21 with vapor barrier; Floors: 5½” Fiberglass R21 with vapor barrier and ⅜” plywood
- Interior Sheathing: Ceiling: Shiplap Pine; Exposed Frame
- Kitchenette: Kitchen Partitions with (2) Wall Mounted Cabinets 12x12x30; 2×7 Kitchen Counter with Live Edges; 17” Stainless Steel Sink for Greywater System
- Bathroom: Laveo Dry Flush Toilet; 3×3 Shower Stall CO/Smoke Detector
- Kit Weight: 7,000 lbs
- Shipping Cube Size: (1) 192”L x 42”W x 48”H (1) 170”L x 42”W x 48”H
This charming little cottage was designed as a simple four season cottage to fit a modest budget. This cottage makes the perfect tiny house. It is designed with aesthetic and space saving exposed Post & Beam framing. The living space and the bedroom are separated by a wall complete with a space-saving pocket door.
The queen sized bedroom has a private bathroom with a shower and a toilet. The living space has plenty of room for a sofa across from the kitchenette. The kitchenette features a beautiful, live edge slab counter, convenient cabinet storage space, and a stainless steel kitchen sink with a greywater system.
This post and beam cabin design incorporate fiberglass and foam foil board insulation covered by pine shiplap sheathing while still exposing the post and beam structure providing the classic rustic aesthetic.
Rugged post and beam techniques passed down through the centuries are used to construct this durable delightful dwelling, reminiscent of old New England. All Jamaica Cottage Shop products are built from finest Vermont lumber and handcrafted for long life and durability and proven to stand the test of time and strength. Click here for more info.
Credit: Jamaica Cottage Shop
If you enjoyed this content, you’d definitely want to sign up for our Free Tiny House Citizens newsletter!
Other Tiny Houses for Sale
TINY HOUSES FOR SALE The Zen Tiny House The Zen Tiny house is 7m long x 2.5 wide x 4.250mm high at the highest end of the skillion roof. Downstairs 16.8m2 upstairs loft 7.68m2. Price: $85000 incl GST plus fully off grid solar system priced $9500 incl GST. Admin, Tiny...
TINY HOUSES FOR SALE Lilas It is always an honor to be able to create tiny houses for our clients. Here is the Lilas, a model of 10.5 X 34.5 ft released directly from our factory in 2018! Primarily inspired by our Chêne model that was used as a cottage, this unit is...
TINY HOUSES FOR SALE Magnolia With a wingspan of 10.5 x 34.5 feet, The Magnolia is considered a ‘’park model’’ size tiny house. It was built to withstand northern Ontario weather and is inspired by our Ébène and Laurier models. Price: $129,500 CAN Admin, Tiny House...
Subscribe to our free mailing list
to get the latest updates in your inbox!
SEARCH FOR COOL STUFF
Tiny House Citizens is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.